The boat's been hauled-out at Svendsen's Boatyard for a bottom job, and should be out of the water for about a week. At first glance, the boat seemed to be in pretty good shape, except for a little bit of rust on the keel, and a thick coating of ocean plants and animals. After a bit more thorough investigation though, it seems that there is some blistering on both the hull and the keel. Not to worry though, Svendsen's can fix it all and it's not even really going to cost me that much more. The preliminary schedule has it ready to go back into the water next Tuesday.
November 13th update -- I stopped by the boatyard on the way to work to check on their progress. Pics are below.
- 2013-08-02 A Few Years Later
- 2009-12-20 Final Update
- 2009-08-21 Summer Update
- 2009-05-06 April Update
- 2009-03-30 March Update
- 2008-12-30 Prepping for the New Rigging
- 2008-12-18 Taking Down the Mast
- 2008-12-01 Small Project Update
- 2008-11-19 Back in the Water
- 2008-11-18 Ready to Go Back in the Water
- 2008-11-12 Haul-Out
- 2008-11-10 The Boat's First Outing
- 2008-11-07 It Runs!
- 2008-11-02 The Once-Over